ProNobis Health offers a broad spectrum of consultative and educational services in bioethics and health care quality to hospitals, medical groups, corporations, and governments. We have extensive experience leading multidisciplinary health care teams, and we are able to effectively engage multiple stakeholders. While being collaborative and process oriented, we also focus on deliverable outcomes and a morally balanced resolution to ethical dilemmas.
Our services are available on a per-instance or ongoing basis. Most of these are available either remotely or in person.
Below are some of the consultation services we offer.
Hospitals, Medical Groups, Nursing Homes and Hospice Centers
ProNobis Health offers services to meet the diverse and often overlapping needs of health care facilities. We show our deep investment in ethical patient care through clinical consultation, situation management, and hospital quality improvement. We are available for staff education, including lecture series and curriculum development, as well as policy development and implementation.
- Case-based bioethics consultation for clinical moral dilemmas
Education and Curriculum
- Practical bioethics education for health care and lay audiences
- Bioethics curriculum and core competencies in bioethics for ethics committees, continuing education programs, nursing, and medical education
- Policy development related to such issues as conflicts of interest, brain death, unrepresented patients without capacity, provider conscience, and responding to requests for nonbeneficial interventions (medical futility)
- Development and implementation of medical aid in dying policies with attention to provider ethical concerns and legal requirements
- Assistance following an adverse event including quality/root cause analysis, peer review, risk mitigation, application of ethical principles in a just culture, and caring for the second victim
Health Care Facility Quality Improvement
- Assistance developing performance improvement plans with discrete process measures, emphasizing Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Leapfrog quality metrics
- Focused improvement plans for individual clinicians and departments
- Surgical quality improvement plans based on National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) analysis
- Medical and nursing staff engagement in order to improve patient safety and develop a just culture
Religious Health Care Facilities
- We are available to address a variety of tradition-specific moral dilemmas related to individual clinical cases, provider conscience, situation management, and policy formation.
Biotechnology, Medical Device, and Pharmaceutical Corporations
ProNobis Health is unique in combining extensive experience in the basic and medical sciences with a thorough understanding of bioethical principles and their application. We offer assistance with ethical evaluation of products and their impact at any point in the research and development pipeline. We are also skilled at cross-functional team collaboration in order to anticipate and mitigate risk.
Evaluation of Emerging Technology
- Anticipating and responding to bioethical issues raised by emerging technology utilizing a participatory and deliberative approach
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to mitigate any risk posed by ethical challenges in product development or release
- Protection of vulnerable populations, distributive justice
Local, state, and national governments are continually faced with moral dilemmas related to science and medicine. Understanding of medical and scientific ethical principles is needed to guide the decisions that civic leaders and legislators are asked to make. ProNobis Health offers unbiased, nonpartisan ethics consultation to governments faced with complex ethical decisions or moral dilemmas.
- Ethical aspects and potential impact of medical and scientific legislation
- Consideration of medical aid in dying legislation as it relates to provider participation, protection of vulnerable populations, and religious considerations
We help leaders at all levels of government evaluate and establish policy that determines priority setting in the context of the following:
- Distribution of limited resources in the face of natural disasters and health epidemics
- Just and equitable access to public health resources